“Here she is tonight in public, pretending not to hate Catholics.” Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton cheekily roast each other at charity dinner


Billionaire businessman Donald Trump and his U.S Presidential rival Hillary Clinton took out time to have a go at each at a charity campaign event in Manhattanon Thursday
night, barely 24 hours after the third and final U.S presidential election debate which ended on a bitter note.
The annual dinner was a fundraiser for the powerful Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, and during presidential election years, both presidential nominees traditionally speak and Trump as well as Hillary seized on the opportunity to crack 'hard jokes' at each other. At the event at the Waldorf Astoria, Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump sat separated by Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the Roman Catholic archbishop of New York.
Trump started off light-heartedly but as time progressed, his tone started coming off as bitter.
'And a special hello to all of you in this room who have  known and loved me for many, many years — the politicians. “The truth is I’m a modest person,” “a carpenter who worked for his father.”
'They have had me to their homes. They have introduced me to their children. I have become their best friends in many instances. They have asked for my endorsements and they always wanted my money.'
'They even called me, really, a dear dear friend — but then suddenly decided when I ran for president as a Republican, [voice rises] that I’ve always been a no-good, rotten disgusting scoundrel! And then totally forgot about me.'
“This one is going to get me in trouble”:
Trump then talked about his wife's infamous plagiarized speech which got the crowd laughing.
'You know, the president told me to stop whining, but I really have to say, the media is even more biased this year than ever before. You want the proof? Michelle Obama gives a speech, and everyone loves it. It's fantastic. They think she is
absolutely great. My wife, Melania, gives the exact same speech  and people get on her case! And I don't get — and I don't get it. I don't know why.
Then he started attacking Clinton:
'Hillary is so corrupt, she got kicked off the Watergate Commission. How corrupt do you have to be to get kicked off the Watergate Commission? Pretty corrupt.'
'Hillary is and has been in politics since the 1970s. What is her pitch? The economy is busted, the government is corrupt, Washington is failing. Vote for me. I have been working on these problems for 30 years. I can fix it, she says.'
“Hillary Clinton believes it is vital to deceive the people by having one public policy [boos] and a different policy in private... Here she is tonight in public, pretending not to hate Catholics.”
“Everyone knows, of course, Hillary has believed that it takes a village, which only makes sense, after all, in places like Haiti, where she has taken a number of them.”
“Hillary has been in Washington a long time. She knows a lot about how government works. And according to her sworn testimony, Hillary has forgotten more things than most of us will ever, ever know, that I can tell you.”
Mr. Trump, whose attacks were so harsh that at one point he was booed, saidWednesday’sdebate had been dubbed “the most vicious debate in the history of politics.”
“Are we supposed to be proud of that or are we supposed to
be unhappy?” he said.
Clinton then climbed the podium right after Trump, and then delivered her own speech delivering shot upon shots at him.
“Come to think of it, it's amazing I’m appearing after Donald. I did not think he would be okay with a peaceful transition of power.”
“People look at the Statue of Liberty and see a proud symbol of our history as a nation of immigrants, a beacon of hope for people around the world. Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a 4. Maybe a 5 if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.”
“Donald has attacked me for a life in public service. I did not get that at first. I kind of get it now. As he told Howard Stern, he does not like it when women have been around for more than 35 years.”
“I am so flattered that Donald thought I used some kind of performance-enhancing drug,” she said. “Well I did. It’s called preparation.”
“It did take a village to write these jokes,” she said, tweaking the title of a book she published as first lady.
The pair, to the delight of the audience at the charity dinner shook hands before leaving.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google tries to unify advanced carrier messaging on Android, starting with Sprint

AmazonFresh Pickup is now open to Prime members in Seattle